The Creative Process | Episode 006
Video not working? Watch on YouTube.
For anyone who is creating any type of art (be it intellectual or physical) the creative process is sacred. It is this process that enables an artist to harness the inspiration and courage to produce their most excellent work. While there will never be a “right” creative process, there are certain truths and principles that we all must be aware of if we ever want to truly find our own creative process.
The episode of dactalk is all about this creative process. It was very interesting for me to hear Charissa’s process especially in light of my own. My process is very much influenced by my daily circumstances whereas Charissa’s process is much more intentional. Topics like this one produce descriptive ways of approaching the creative process and not descriptive ways.
It’s my firm belief that the most important part of the creative process has two facets: you feel good and you produce good work. If one of these is missing it might be a good idea to re-evaluate your current process.
I am continuing to refine my process and as you’ll hear in the conversation I don’t have a defined process, per se, however, I do know certain elements that work for me. I hope this will help inspire you to find what works for you!
- I use iA Writer for all of my creative writing – Affiliate Link, Non-Affiliate Link
- I use Evernote for all my note taking – Link
- iSkelter Lapdesk
- Man of Steel Soundtrack – Affiliate Link, Non-Affiliate Link
- Gladiator Soundtrack – Affiliate Link, Non-Affiliate Link
- Spotify Advent Playlist from Caroline McCain
- Quitter by Jon Acuff – Affiliate Link, Non-Affiliate Link
- Start by Jon Acuff – Affiliate Link, Non-Affiliate Link
- Platform by Michael Hyatt – Affiliate Link, Non-Affiliate Link
- Launch by Jeff Walker – Affiliate Link, Non-Affiliate Link